Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Feb. 13 through Feb. 19. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
• Aberdeen: James Dexter Dobbs Sr., Chapter 7; Laura Johanna Dobbs, Chapter 7; Jeremy Gene Johnson, Chapter 7; Jamie Glenn Shaw, Chapter 7; Terri Frances Summit, Chapter 7.
• Custer: Rebecca Lee Parker, Chapter 7.
• Faith: Samuel Joseph Wanous, Chapter 7.
• Madison: Nicholas Charles Opdahl, Chapter 13.
• North Sioux City: Jeraldine Kay Colt, Chapter 13.
• Rapid City: Amanda Marie Young, Chapter 7; Amy Evelyn Mae Roost, Chapter 7.
• Sioux Falls: Harold Allen Shirley, Chapter 7; Charlotte Anne DeGelder, Chapter 7; Janessa Ray Noram, Chapter 7; Alyssa Erin Damiata, Chapter 7.
• Sisseton: Shelly Devonne DuMarce, Chapter 7.
• Sturgis: Danny Joe Olson, Chapter 7.
• Watertown: Travis Eugene Dahl, Chapter 7; Stromseth Construction, Inc., Chapter 11.