BACK IN TIME: Methodist State Hospital
Methodist State Hospital circa 1930.The Methodist State Hospital was built in 1917 and opened for patients in February 1918. "The State Hospital" title did not indicate it was a South Dakota institution, but a Methodist State Hospital. The hospital opened their School of Nursing in 1918. In 1943, the hospital was approved for the Cadet Nursing Course and by 1945, 85 students were enrolled in the Cadet Nursing Course. At that time, there were 36 graduate nurses from the Methodist Hospital School of Nursing serving in the Armed Forces. The hospital closed in 1991 and was sold to Davison County. The hospital building shown here was demolished in 2010.