Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

BACK IN TIME: Free Methodist Church

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
life Mitchell, 57301
Mitchell South Dakota 120 South Lawler 57301

Shown is the Free Methodist Church that was located at 604 S. Edmunds, built circa 1928. Circa 1980s, the former Christian Science Church that had been located at 120 W. Sixth Ave. was moved to Douglas Avenue and was attached to this building and is now the Grace Baptist Church. Free Methodist Church was organized in Mitchell in July, 1881 by Rev. J. W. Sharp and met in the Wills and Company’s Hall. Photo submitted by David Wright, whose father was a minister at Free Methodist Church in 1945. (Photo courtesy of Mitchell Area Historical Society)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness