Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

BACK IN TIME: Dakota Improved Seed Co. (Disco)

Email News Alerts

Dakota Improved Seed Company also known as Disco Seeds, Inc., was organized in 1903 under leadership of W. A. Wheeler. The warehouse was located at 800 N. Lawler next to the Omaha railroad tracks. The card shown was sent out in 1912 for customers to return with their orders written on the back for the company. The business was purchased by Tri-State Milling Company, of Rapid City, in 1947, sold to the Pawnee Corporation, Pipestone, Minn., in 1969, and was purchased by Al Williams Corporation, Sioux City, Iowa, in 1974. Disco Seeds went out of business late 1980s, and was torn down about 1990. (Photos courtesy of the Mitchell Area Historical Society)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness