Area court roundup
• Nicholas Mette, 18, of Sioux Falls, pleaded guilty Wednesday to simple assault against a law enforcement officer. He was originally also charged with aggravated assault, but court records say that charge was dismissed. Judge Patrick Smith scheduled sentencing for May.
• Cory Cummings, 34, of Plankinton, received a suspended imposition of sentence on an aggravated assault conviction, which means if he abides by all the rules of his three-year probation period, he has the chance to clear the felony from his record; He was sentenced April 2 to 60 days in jail; The judge ordered no contact with the victim and he is on probation for three years.
Charles Mix County
• Amanda Williams, 21, of Wagner, has been recharged by indictment for aggravated assault by causing bodily injury to Rhea Ross in February in Wagner. Williams has pleaded not guilty and a jury trial is scheduled for August.
• Daniel Grant, 33, of Wagner, is charged with simple assault against a law enforcement officer, possession of a controlled substance, ingestion of a controlled substance and possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance; each charge is a felony; He's accused of kicking a Wagner police officer in the legs, possessing and ingesting methamphetamine, and possessing items used to distribute meth.
• Christy Jandreau, 30, of Lake Andes, is charged with felonies of commission of a felony when armed, possession of a controlled substance, ingesting controlled substance and possession with the intent to distribute a controlled substance; court documents state she had intent to distribute methamphetamine, possessed a firearm while committing the felonies, and possessed two plastic bags containing 14 smaller bags totalling 5.6 grams of meth.